• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    MapleStory I made a Legion Board Solver

    MapleStory I made a Legion Board Solver


    I made a Legion Board Solver

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    After a few weeks of messing around with code, I made a program that will automatically do your legion boards without any overlap, loose ends, or gaps. The instructions on how to use it are on the website itself. It should be able to perfectly fill in just about any practical legion board outside of people with 9.5k-10k legions within a reasonable amount of time.

    https://xenogents.github.io/LegionSolver/

    I don't have too many bug testers so it's likely there are still some lying around, so if you find one I can go back and fix it. However some bugs I may not intend to fix because of how it's designed. Here are some of those "bugs" to note.

    • The program should, given enough time, either find a solution or tell you that one doesn't exist to a 100% accuracy... given that you don't use the LAB block or the single grid block. The LAB block in particular is very annoying for the algorithm because the blocks aren't connected and it may miss a small subset of solutions. For any reasonably sized legion board though that small subset has no impact because it can just find another solution.
    • The program knows that it has to fit certain pieces in the 4 middle grids like a normal legion board, so if you're playing around with it you should keep in mind if you give it something impossible.
    • The program will not run if you're tabbed out of the website. There isn't much to do about this one because it's a measure put in place to prevent it from using all your memory.
    • If you give it a larger board than what it can fill with its given pieces, it may also miss a small subset of solutions as its intent is to not leave out any gaps.
    • It's too difficult to get the program to only aim for x grid spaces filled within a certain region so you simply have to just put in the exact shape you want the board to look like.

    If people care, here's a bit of history into the development and algorithm of the program.

    1. Without the expectation that a brute force program could be better than my own intuition of which pieces should go where, I spent the first few days coding a backtracking algorithm with a least constraining value heuristic which essentially just went from top to bottom, left to right, checking every possible combination trying to place the pieces it has more of first, until eventually it gets lucky and the board fills.
    2. To my surprise, it solved my own 8k legion board within just a couple seconds and I figured this program could actually be very useful. The next week or so was spent building the website, making an actual display for the board, dealing with user input, and colouring the display board at the same time as it solves it. At this time I already had a publishable website and I found some people to try it out.
    3. As it turns I just got lucky when it finished my board in a couple seconds. Others found it took them a couple minutes or simply taking too long to bother, there was a clear lack of efficiency in the algorithm. From here I started using a most constrained variable algorithm, which essentially checks which grids are surrounded by the most stuff and tries to fill those first.
    4. Another few days later i finished the algorithm but realized it had its own problems whenever there was a large line in the middle like most legion boards have. If I were to prioritize filling the middle last I would never have enough long pieces to cover the whole thing and If I were to prioritize filling it out first then it would never realize if its set itself up with an impossible board with the wrong amount of spaces left on either side and it would never have enough computing power to backtrack all the way to the beginning.
    5. From here the algorithms were starting to get a bit sweaty because I couldn't think of any good solution to the problem. I essentially combined the starting brute force algorithm with the current algorithm. I would brute force until the middle was filled and then switch to most constrained variable midway. This actually worked very well and it was doing a lot of impossible boards before with relative ease, however I felt I could push it 1 more step further.
    6. I'd noticed throughout my testing that I would have a board that it could not solve within a generous few minutes and then I'd flip the board upside down and it would find the answer immediately. What I decided to do is to make the program do 3 other rotated versions of the board at the same time, and to take whichever one solves it first and then unrotate it. What Live Solve does is only show you the progress of the original board so the progress that it shows you may be a little bit misleading and it may seem to magically find a solution out of nowhere. Once I was done with this I felt it was good enough to finally publish.

    I hope this can help a lot of people with their whacky overlapped blocks and so I can stop having to fix other people's boards all time.

    submitted by /u/chaingunmen9
    [link] [comments]

    An Emotional Roller Coaster

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    Drew female Kinesis :3

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Finally got 3L attack!!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    First thing I thought of when playing through Lachelein

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    I got all the FriendStory Medals and Chairs!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Moonbogglers, question set 3

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    Today's question set requires you to go to a map to complete it. Thank you for everyone who contributed hints today!

    If you are still on question set 1 (NPCs) or set 2 (monsters), check these spoiler protected links for set 1 and set 2.

    If you'd like to see hints and answers for all 3 days in one single post, please check this thread.

    The answer for today is: go to Aqua Road: Snowy Whale's Island

    Step 1: Start by traveling to Henesys!

    Step 2: Walk to the left and go through the portal next to the taxi!

    Step 3: Walk past the Wanted Poster and climb up the ladder to the right!

    Step 4: Go straight to the left, and go through the portal that's next to a sign!

    Step 5: Enter the portal between two columns in the highest point in the area!

    Step 6: Keep climbing up the long rope hanging from the middle of a giant tree branch!

    Step 7: Travel all the way up, past a small aircraft and climb up another ladder!

    Step 8: Enter the first portal you encounter!

    Step 9: Walk straight to the right and board a boat!

    Step 10: Upon arriving, go through the portal that's immediately to the left of the giant clock!

    Step 11: Walk straight to the left and go through the portal that's next to a sign!

    Step 12: Go straight downward, and enter the portal to the right that's next to a Goddess Statue!

    Step 13: Find the three Goddess Statues, and go through the portal in front of the Goddess Statue in the middle of the area!

    Step 14: Use the Mr. Move-It to travel to the lowest part of the area!

    Step 15: Keep traveling down, and go through a portal that takes you to an even lower place!

    Step 16: Climb down a rope, locate a cave-like-opening, and go inside!

    Step 17: Keep climbing further and further down, and travel through the portal indicated by an arrow!

    Step 18: Head straight to the right and go through the portal that appears!

    Step 19: Head straight to the right again and go through the portal that appears!

    Step 20: Make your way to a place where the sky can be seen, and arrive at your destination!

    submitted by /u/screeeeeeee
    [link] [comments]

    Going through old photos and found this...My cousin and I made this in 2011 shortly before the Chaos update and before boss dmg stacked. It was probably one of, if not the best claws at the time in Broa. Sold it for roughly 250 white scrolls which was 25b at the time.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    Trey, we know you are playing maplestory, but we haven't spoken to you in weeks. Please take a break & come back to us. Your fav discord misses you.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Our friend Trey has lost himself in the maplestory grind again (we think). We don't have his number. ): Please help us find him.

    submitted by /u/Jinaos
    [link] [comments]

    Are we showing off our vj dailies now? :^)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    WTB Used Maple Prepaid Card

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    New MapleStory "Minecraft" survival system in TMS

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Why Is Everybody Sleeping On Mihile?!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    Seriously though, About a week ago I got drunk AF and decided to make a new char... Once I sobered up I realized I had made the fatal error of picking mihile. Except it wasn't a mistake at all, this class is tailor made to smack boss hiney and put them in timeout. I'm sure everyone is aware that Mihile's Royal Guard skill is "difficult", however, in reality it's very easy to use in the context it matters in: bossing. Not only that but even if you do have issues with your timing vs lag, there's not one but TWO cool downs that make the parry window a half second wider (Sacred Cube & Radiant Soul) and even if you do mistime Sword Of Light can extend your stack timer for another attempt! Furthermore he has multiple methods of defraying %hp attacks (Soul Asylum & Shield of Light) and he juices the crap out of both his and his party member's damages.

    His damage isn't god tier, but let's be honest almost any class can solo almost any content with enough time and effort invested. Which is what I will be doing. And that's the part I don't get, why is everybody sleeping on this powerful class that's decent solo and has utility and damage buffs for days in high-end parties?

    submitted by /u/EagleFarts_EFT
    [link] [comments]

    Q2 Investor Presentation

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    Kanna Farmer Gear Progression - %meso or %matk first?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    I have a Kanna at lvl 213 rn with a Legendary SW fan 13%matk 14%all stat, Epic emblem 12%matk, Epic SW fan for haku 6%matk. No %meso or drop rn. My plan is to use CRA fan and put my Legendary SW fan on haku.

    It takes 2 or 3 full rotations of Shikigami for me to kill mobs in Slurpy. I'm not sure which option I should go for first to make mesos faster - should I cube for more %matk to one shot mobs or go directly for %meso? Is the faksolab worth getting on this Kanna for farming?

    submitted by /u/ExelerateZ
    [link] [comments]

    Can't believe I have gotten Blackheart pet from easy Hilla

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    Moonboggler not working

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    Im playing in bera and cant seem to hunt 200 monsters for the moonboggler quest. Can anyone tell me why the quest just ends after i talk to moon mouse?

    submitted by /u/ewokyy
    [link] [comments]

    Hating the Familiar Grind (killed at least 300 Lykas)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:51 AM PDT

    about link skill

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    I want transfer link skill to my mule if my main link skill transfer to mule my main dmg will become Low or nothing happen ?

    submitted by /u/Newkindnnnn
    [link] [comments]

    Are rare equips still available in reboot

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    Specifically the Meso Gunner.

    submitted by /u/accyoast
    [link] [comments]

    Drawing of my Battle Mage uwu

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    What flames do you have on dominator pendant and did you use red or eternal flames?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    I'm in reboot, and I didn't use many flames before (just free ones from ranmaru) but I used a green flame on my dominator pendant and got 60 stat, 6%, which is 108 score.

    I never get lucky with flames so far, but I've seen people with like about 120 score, so I think I shouldn't stop at my flame. I don't know if 110+ is possible with red flames or if it is how much I should prepare to spend to get that. Will anyone tell me their experience and what end game flame I should be going for? Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/Mintyytea
    [link] [comments]

    Familiar Drop rate and Meso rate stacking optimization

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    Hi guys I am trying to max out my farming rates with familiars and I've been reading a lot of previous posts about familiar drop rate and meso rate stacking optimization.

    So far, it seems like people are saying large item drop (100%/wolf underling) does not stack with large item drop and meso drop (60/60%/spider) but only shows up on your buffs because of that 60% meso drop from spiders. (I did confirm this by having large item drop, large item and meso drop, large meso drop and only large item drop and large meso drop shows up on buff lines)

    So would the new meta be large item drop (100% wolf underling), large meso drop (100% eye of time), and 7% auto steal?

    Also, I'm from regular servers and have max drop and meso gear with 14% auto steal gloves. Does anyone know if familiar drop rate and meso rate stacks with 2x drop card from cash shop, legion meso and drop buffs? I know lucky winter doesn't stack but idk about the others listed above.

    submitted by /u/ehong61
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment