• Breaking News

    Friday, August 28, 2020

    MapleStory [Weekly Megathread] Buying, Selling, and Trading - August 27, 2020!

    MapleStory [Weekly Megathread] Buying, Selling, and Trading - August 27, 2020!


    [Weekly Megathread] Buying, Selling, and Trading - August 27, 2020!

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    Have something to buy or sell? Maybe you need a price check? Be sure to include what server you play on so others can help you out.

    REMEMBER - We do NOT allow real money transactions. Please refer to the rules if you have any questions about what that means.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Drew Lucid for my bossing disc

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    The fact that the fairy bro timer doesn't start until you open it is unnecessary and scummy

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    Why make it like this except to piss off your players? If its "replacing" relay for the time being then shouldn't it function like relay? Who does it benefit that if you don't open the UI the timer doesn't' start? It just makes players mad that it functions this way while providing no positive benefit. "Oh no I didn't open the thing to start the timer? Guess I'll just have to leave my Maplestory AFK for 5 hours like I was going to do anyways"

    You already have to do it essentially 99 times for something that should be built into the game by default, why go out of your way to try to make it annoying?

    EDIT: Even more scummy considering they added 5k Maple point packs to the cash shop (for real $) in the exact same update when you can pay for a missed day with 3k Maple points. Surely just a coincidence

    submitted by /u/SolaVitae
    [link] [comments]

    Remade some Maplestory Boss Fights in Minecraft

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Von Bon x Lucid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zv--RKwcdM

    Vellum : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MguOVs_2nc

    Pierre : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAfSsxBOrxY

    Made this "playthrough" for my friends on realms, and decided to share :)

    Long live Maplestory~

    submitted by /u/kevinduhboy69
    [link] [comments]

    Thought I’d share due to recent events and announcements.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    Lith Harbor potion store reimagined but now on a turntable. Just curious, would anyone be interested in seeing a short animation related to MapleStory?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    [Security Issue?] ACCOUNT INFO MAY BE COMPROMISED!

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    In GMS Scania recently, there have been a growing number of reports of account information being changed without any email notifications. I'm the third victim that I am currently aware of in Scania who has been hacked, bypassing email, 2-Factor Authentication, and PIC with no notifications.

    This raises the possibility that there may have been some type of internal leak or breach of some kind. The first victim was able to regain access to her account after about a week and found out she was hacked & account stripped upon gaining access. Luckily, Nexon's recovery team was diligent in rolling back her character.

    Also worth mentioning that there are no significant links between current victims and no shared information with others. Myself and other victim have yet to gain access but have found the common situation to be happening:

    - attempt to log in, given notice that the account does not exist/password is incorrect

    - after attempting "forgot password?" found that email no longer exists but with no trace in email account of being changed (some igns have been changed and moved to diff accounts - salt in the wound)

    I trust in Nexon's ability to recover the accounts and items, however for the sake of all your heartaches (and time during this great event) I suggest you completely change your account information. Email, password, PIC just to be safe! It has yet to be confirmed if other worlds have been affected, but I'm hoping you guys can warn your communities to change information while they are logged on.

    TL;DR: change yo info, 2FA aint workin

    Edit: no results came up for https://haveibeenpwned.com/

    Edit2: another victim had their email changed without warning (dated prior to the first victim), asked them to comment below to share!

    Edit3: this was forwarded to me by a guildie after they did some searching online: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/748666304592085114/748666662190055444/unknown.png linking any accounts that have logged into NA reboot as potential victims? i haven't in a very long time but not sure the details

    https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/59264/maple-memo-july-double-miracle-time-july-10 would most likely be the "code optimization" patch being spoken about in the edit3

    Edit4: another victim i have a mutual friend with said they were hacked just after that patch with the same reasoning, but GM's wouldnt replace their things after multiple tickets and has since quit because of that :/

    Edit5: MY ACCOUNT WAS RECOVERED! to take precautions i had the opportunity to change my password, PIC, as well as remove all trusted devices from my settings. a GM was able to revert my email to allow me to use my prior login info. im fortunate that my account appears to have been left the way it was (i had no currency for someone to psok my items anyway, perhaps that helped). however in regards to others that have proven less fortunate and to prevent future occurences, i'm hoping that awareness of this thread is spread so that people can increase the security on their accounts!!

    Final Edit: https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/60714/how-to-protect-your-account thank you to everyone spreading word! and thank you nexon for diligently taking action on it :) strengthens faith for the player base! thank you GM Lexiron for helping myself and another swiftly!

    submitted by /u/CloneGMS
    [link] [comments]

    Just discovered this sub, and I had a touch of nostalgia strike me tonight.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    I've been drawn back to my childhood during this mess. I'm 22M, and it's weird that I'm about to graduate from university with a degree in Politics and Economics. I study Chinese politics. It's been a weird journey. I used to do computer engineering, realized how much I hated all of it, then making a giant leap to something completely different. Now I spend most of my days thinking about US-China relations, Lee Kwan Yew, the stock markets, California government, and Asian countries. I'm probably going to work for government after graduation.

    I have a rare break right now, and I was hanging out with friends on Discord. One of them brought up how I liked Maplestory and I just went OFF. That game was my childhood. I played all the way to whatever came before Big Bang, and before that, none of my characters made it past level 30. My parents often regulated my game time, so I couldn't get as far as I wish I could have. But I have so many fond memories. I remember Ellinia and feeling like that kid hopping through the trees. I remember Perion and all the fog and stumps i fought for warrior quests. I remember the free markets of Henessey and all those shouting matches with other players. I remember freaking out when I got a Maple weapon drop from a SLIME outside Hennessy! I remember Kerning city and the funky urban music.

    And the music. Oh god, sometimes I feel like I'm on the verge of tears when I listen to the Lith Harbor theme. Every so often I pop open the music and I'm suddenly transported to 2005-2006, where my dad and brother are watching me trying to time my attacks to kill a snail at Victoria Island. I have no idea how much the game has changed, and I hear it's taken a massive turn for the worse. But Maplestory is such a fond part of my childhood. For a kid like me who didn't have many friends in elementary school, Maplestory was the adventure of a lifetime. I dreamed that I would wake up one day and I'd be in the world of Maplestory, where I could adventure to my heart's content.

    I miss this game. I've grown up, but the adventure I've had with this game is something that I'll carry with me for a long time. Because those feelings are real. My days are spent thinking about all the sad things going on around the world, but tonight, I thought about Maplestory. And well, it made me happy. :)

    submitted by /u/aangdresskwang
    [link] [comments]

    How to Protect Your Account

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    New MCC and Meister Cube droprates. Info for Reboot one day of pictured bosses

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    Got bored so here's some cygnus :)

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 12:24 AM PDT

    I recovered my first account in Maplestory, decided to image dump some old items. Brought me tons of nostalgia.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    What A Tragic Love Story ������

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    Mercedes help

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    So I'm absolutely loving this class and have decided to main it in reboot, my issues really lie with the fact that I don't know how to efficiently use skill links for training. Anyone have any idea for a keyboard layout or skill link ideas?

    submitted by /u/Jaydtrix1
    [link] [comments]

    did a thing

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    [Reboot] CRA loot went into the void

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    So we just cleared Chaos Pierre, basic attacked his chest and literally nothing spilled out. Yes, I selected Chaos and not practice mode, I double checked. I was hoping to complete my CRA set this week to train my character easier with the event buffs but I guess not. Is it just gg wait till next week or would customer support actually do something if I contact them about it?

    submitted by /u/hahahahahahahanice
    [link] [comments]

    Haven’t Played Since 2015

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    Haven't played since 2015 and just decided to reinstall the game today, what's new and what do I need to know? I have a level 200 Night Lord in Scania not sure if my gear is even good anymore but back then it was decent. Guessing it's pretty bad now it's mostly % Luck stuff. I wanna do bossing or more end game content so fill me in on what I need to do or learn!

    submitted by /u/vteckickedyo
    [link] [comments]

    all stats vs no all stats

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    Did anyone have any luck with Primal Essence?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    I have been killing Arkarium like a month or so with 180% drop gear + spider and it stills doesn't drop.

    I also been mining Heartstone but still no luck

    submitted by /u/sehofali
    [link] [comments]

    5/10/15, no boom room, or cube?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    Hey guys I'm a lv 221 Adele with only 9.4k stat and was wondering if I should save my mesos for 5/10/15 or just work on my cubing first. I have a legendary emblem and Kanna ring, unique CRA bottom and fake abso wep, with everything else epic. My fake abso weapon is 17 star, CRA hat and top are at 14 stars, while everything else is at 11 stars.

    I'll probably only have 1.5b to spend by the time 5/10/15 comes around and was wondering if I should just work on cubing instead of participating.

    One guildie suggested I get my Kanna ring to 17 stars while another suggested I just wait for no boom and get a bunch of 15 stars , but I'm kind of leaning towards just working on cubing rather than both of those options.

    What would be the best cost benefit choice out of these 3? 5/10/15, no boom, or cubing?

    submitted by /u/FundamentalSystem
    [link] [comments]

    What do you consider to be most satisfying about your main class when it comes to harder bossing?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    I've switched to different mains many times and it's always been because of how the character felt when taking on harder bosses. I'm a 245 Xenon main and having a vast array of mobility skills, a 3s invincibility every 50s, and omega blaster burst, has convinced me that Xenon is one of the funnest characters to boss with. The downside for me is the amount of buffing and set up for burst they need to do in the middle of a fight.

    What about your class do you love when it comes to high level bossing and also something you don't like? Open to all answers as maybe this can give a sense of what to expect for people who don't have a variety of higher leveled characters to experience endgame bossing.

    submitted by /u/Michaelvuo
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Best in Slot Boostnode feedback. Updating an old reddit post I was using until now

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Almost every time I used a Mysterious Monsterbloom, this happens

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    Do I need to do the Tenebris daily?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    I just reached 245 and finished the quest line to enter Tenebris. I see that I get etc items to be able to fight Black Mage, but I'm pretty confident I'm not ever going to reach him.

    Do I just ignore the dailies? And ignore tenebris completely?

    submitted by /u/Neouxe
    [link] [comments]

    Shouldn't the nx spent on marvels machine have already counted towards the mvp?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment